- Give yourself a pat on the back for every act of kindness that you do for others
2. Giving yourself one hour of playtime every day
3. Asking for help without thinking that you are a burden
4. Limiting screen time and tracking off-screen hours
5. Listening to soothing relaxing music for one hour every day
6. Cooking and eat your favorite meals
7. Having a wind-down routine and getting plenty of sleep
8. Engaging in deep meaningful work
9. Exercising for at least 30 minutes
10. Embracing boredom and stillness. Meditate for 20 minutes every day.
11. Treating yourself as you would treat a small child or your friend
12. Giving yourself permission to be imperfect
13. Talking to people who see the best in you and believe in you
14. Giving yourself permission to work with a therapist to help you deal with difficult emotions
15. Not overextending and overworking. Draw boundaries in work and in relationships.
16. Acknowledging your sufferings and your painful emotions by observing them as they are, without denying or exaggerating them.
17. Being kind to yourself when you are suffering.
18. Reminding yourself that it’s okay to make mistakes and to err is to be human.
19. Tracking the good habits that matter to you and reward yourself instead of beating yourself up for your bad habits. Slowly working towards replacing bad with the good.
20. Not drawing absolute negative conclusions about yourself like – there’s something ‘wrong’ with me or I always do this, I suck. Mend your inner monologue
21. Turning to your positive traits and qualities. Using them as your strength instead of obsessing on the negative traits and flaws.